-
November 2nd, 2006, 11:17 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I received a book called 60 days for 6 million from my Hillel(college Jewish interest club), which is a small book that has 60 short essays about the Holocaust. Inside the book is a card with the name of 1 Holocaust victim, year of birth, job, location, year and place of death. You can go online and find out a little more info about the person.
I thought this would be a perfect thing to make into a doll! The name I got, Rachel Kenigsman lived as a housewife in Lodz, Poland. She was born in 1915 (the same year as my grandma) and died in 1942 in the Lodz Ghetto. Unfortunately I can't find any info on her hair or eye color.
But that would mean she would have been 9 in 1914, which falls perfectly into the AG Historic timeline pattern. She could wear some of Samantha's and Nellie's clothes, maybe something less fancy for everyday like Addy's work dress.
Here's the website for the book/project:
http://www.60for60.com/
Here's the link for the database of names and the Holocaust museum in Jerusalem:
http://www.yadvashem.org/
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks